I have NetBeans 12.6 installed on my Windows 10 computer.  I used the
instructions at the following URL to try and link my NetBeans 12.6 project
to GitHub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4IP44k5U7Y

My repository is private.  For the Repository URL I use the HTTPS link, and
then I add my username and password, which I have verified are typed in
correctly.  However, when I try to push my project to GitHub, I am getting
the following error message:

Incorrect credentials for repository at https://github.com/xxx/xxx.git

If I use the GitHub Desktop application, then I am able to drag and drop my
NetBeans project to GitHub, but I would prefer to use the NetBeans Git
integration to update my repository.  I Google searched this issue but am
unable to find anything that helps me resolve it.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thank you,

Sam Lalani