I think I found the doc I was looking for:
https://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-modules-autoupdate-services/overview-summary.html#install-new-functionality
 and
https://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-modules-autoupdate-services/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/OperationContainer.html
 Now I need to test it...

    Le jeudi 28 avril 2022, 13:35:18 UTC+2, Jerome Lelasseux
<lelass...@yahoo.com> a écrit :

  Yes, but without using the Plugins dialog.

    Le jeudi 28 avril 2022, 01:00:39 UTC+2, Laszlo Kishalmi