Do note, that in order to edit netbeans.conf you won't be able to edit
the one inside the snap, you need to make a local copy in your user
folder using a specific folder structure that mirrors the snap, and
then edit that:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58825429/how-to-configure-netbeans-when-installed-as-snap-package#answer-61498091
(not sure if the SO answer is up to date with the current netbeans
snap folder structure, I´ll check when I get home)

--
- Juan Algaba