Tom,

I don't know about font type, but you can increase the size like this

"C:\Program Files\NetBeans-12.4\netbeans\bin\netbeans64.exe" --fontsize 16

Actually it will change ALL font sizes, tab names, project tree, editor,
everything to 16.  It's the only way I ever figured out how to change the
project/file explorer tree font size.

Tony