Is Netbeans abandoning future development of C/C++?

I have tried to use Netbeans Lightweight C/C++ IDE in the last few releases unsuccessfully. The current Netbeans 15 does not support syntax highlighting using CLANGD, and as in previous releases, individual files can not be compiled and (for me) I am unable to build. I would really like to use the Netbeans IDE, but is it time for me to look at other IDE's?

You have worked hard and successfully at your IDE. I use is for Java projects with no difficulty, and I'd like to thank you for the hard work you have put in to make this possible.

thanks
art