I run nb with

SETLOCAL
SET JAVA_HOME=...
START C:\sviluppo\programs\netbeans\14\bin\netbeans64.exe^
 --jdkhome "%JAVA_HOME%"^
 --userdir  "C:\sviluppo\user.home\netbeans\14\userdir"^
 --cachedir "C:\sviluppo\user.home\netbeans\14\cachedir"^
 --console suppress^
 -J-Duser.home=C:\sviluppo\user.home^
 -J-Xms4096m^
 -J-Xmx4096m

(because I've multiple jdk but none of them _installed_, all uncompressed)

But there's also a (commented) variable on nb folder :
    ./etc/netbeans.conf
--
# Default location of JDK:
# (set by installer or commented out if launcher should decide)

bye,

    Davide