I would recommend to play around with different keyboard layouts on Windows.

On 1/28/23 06:38, Christopher C. Lanz wrote:
Hello, with the help of this group I can now display accented characters in the output window and in the editor. However, I need to _add_ accented characters: because I have upwards of 1,000 such characters to enter, I am hoping there are keyboard shortcuts, such as exist in Windows apps, and such as I was able to use in a Linux installation of NetBeans. In Linux I was able to set it up so that right-Alt + "`" + "a" produced the character "a" with an accent (ague or grave, I forget...). In Windows applications there are also such shortcuts but they don't work in the NB editor.

Thanks.

Chris Lanz

340 Dunn Hall, SUNY Potsdam

lan...@potsdam.edu