I guess, not really, but yes.

I keep working on it. It isn't easy or everyone would do it. My current code is at tecreations.ca.

God bless.

Tim

On 2023-05-26 11:24 p.m., Geertjan Wielenga wrote:

Did you really say this, in an ASF mailing list: “Sort it out.”

Gj

On Sat, 27 May 2023 at 05:43, Tim de Vries <tecrea...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    So, I'm running both.

    Old:

    Netbeans 12.5 has a horrible habit of scanning all projects for
    dependencies, I assume in regards to code completion, although I
    haven't
    found too many examples of where it would work, similar to, for
    example,
    IntelliJ or a plain Java implementation.

    Editor works exceptionally well. There are some either
    undocumented, or
    well known shortcuts? And some code completion is completely wrong.

    New:

    Netbeans 17 has a horrible failure in stopping apps.
    System.exit(code)
    should work as the default for the specified type. If running from a
    static void main(args), it should exit from the main. If running as a
    pkg.sub.Class.launch()? It should be user specified, based on whether
    they have a gui in place from execution or not, if headless, that
    should
    be an error if not specified. Sort it out.

    Also, I understand, I have my project, but Java specifies that
    there are
    .class'es and .java's. So, we should have the option to display
    .class'es, for those that are interested. IE, people working on
    compilers or creation programs. If desired, we should be able to hide
    those. Also, what purpose is served by containing a separate sub-path
    for the NetBeans Files? Again, if I want that, I think I would be
    able
    to set that feature. I don't want tim's either, that's why I use
    it as a
    .jar, not a project.

    Both:

    Bad, bad, non-background scanning for code completion. ==> Think,
    active
    project. True background scanning. Work.

    No display settings. For example, I want to select display of .class
    files. I don't want to show Netbeans Files.

    Caching is inconsistent and error prone, particularly in 17. No
    functionality to refresh list and contents of included .jars as in
    12.5.
    Note that 12.5 does do that correctly, although both are clunky
    with the
    + at the top right of the included libraries dialog for the project
    properties -- that should be a button in the list, along with
    remove, as
    on the right of the ProjectProperties->Libraries tab. It should
    work, as
    in 12.5, that re-copying the jar into the registered location should
    cause the refresh and reload of the code contained within the jar.
    This
    ensures it's correctness to the file system.

    Caveat:

    Did not compare .jar output.

    Hello?:

    Unless I'm wrong, then please instruct me on the correct
    procedures and
    coding style.
    Thank you.

    Tim