Hi Tim and everyone,

I had the same problem. I'm using SDKMAN and could not install NetBeans 18
on my Mac because the NetBeans installer said "No Java found".

I fixed it by following
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76523553/how-to-make-usr-libexec-java-home-find-jdk-installed-using-sdkman-on-macos

Please see the link for a more full explanation, but in short, the strategy
is to trick `/usr/libexec/java_home` into returning something reasonable
like `/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/sdkman-current/Contents/Home` by
faking it out.

Below are the commands I used. You'll want to change "pdurbin" to your
username.

sudo -i
cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
mkdir sdkman-current
cd sdkman-current
mkdir Contents
ln -s /Users/pdurbin/.sdkman/candidates/java/current
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/sdkman-current/Contents/Home
vim Contents/Info.plist

(Paste the XML below from the Stack Overflow post.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "
http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>sdkman.current</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>SDKMAN Current JDK</string>
    <key>JavaVM</key>
    <dict>
        <key>JVMPlatformVersion</key>
        <string>9999</string>
        <key>JVMVendor</key>
        <string>Homebrew</string>
        <key>JVMVersion</key>
        <string>9999</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Once all this was in place, `/usr/libexec/java_home` worked and the next
time I opened "Apache NetBeans 18.pkg", I was able to advance past the "No
Java found" error and install NetBeans.

I hope this helps!

Phil