On Sat, 30 Sept 2023 at 11:16, Patrik Karlström <pat...@trixon.se> wrote:
> For my maven platform application I need to create different Application
> bundles like NetBeans had pre Apache with SE, EE & C++ so I can have a couple
> of variants of my application with each own set of plugins.
>
> To this day, I have created different "application" projects with each
> dependencies section customized.
>
> The question now is how can I make this simpler?

You could use different clusters, then modify the clusters file for
each variation.  I'm not sure how easy this is to configure with the
Maven build.  Only ever done it with Ant.

Incidentally, this can also be done at packaging time by removing
clusters from the full build.

I've also shipped an application with multiple launchers and multiple
conf and cluster files (which get chosen by launcher name) in order to
have different applications within a single bundle.

> Is it possible in the same manner to make it disabled in App A but enabled in
> App B?

If it actually needs to be in App A and not App B, but disabled, then
autoload and have another module depend on it in App B?

Best wishes,

Neil