Hello Netbeans people. This is not a question for Netbeans itself, but I
know there are a lot of clever people here who may be able to give me a
pointer or two, so please look away if this question might offend. I hope
it doesn't. :)

My program uses Swing. It outputs text to a window. The output is attached.
At a particular point (the line is highlighted in the attached screenshot)
the output begins to wobble; that is, the line spacing becomes uneven and
(perhaps) even characters appear to be squashed.

Now, I thought this might be something to do with how quickly the output is
produced (it is produced very quickly - those numbers are time measurements
in nanoseconds) and how competing threads might cause the Swing GUI innards
to lose their grip somehow, but when I tried wrapping some of my code
within synchronised blocks, I didn't see any improvement.

Surely I think to myself things like this have been done before. Does
anyone know how I might be able to stop this wobbling?

Thanks,

  Owen.