Hello there,

First, I'm not sure if the problem is in Netbeans or in Java itself or even in
macOS, but I wanted to comment it here to see if it happens to anyone else.

My system:
MacBook Pro 16’ M2 Pro, with macOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Netbeans 21
Java: 21.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 21.0.2+13-LTS

The problem only happens when I do not have the computer connected to an
external monitor. If Netbeans is on the external monitor everything works fine,
but when it is on the internal monitor is when the problem happened to me.
What happens is that, without a defined pattern (at least I haven't been able
to find it), macOS stops responding. The mouse pointer moves, but neither
clicking nor pressing any key has any effect.
I have to press the shutdown key several times and, after a while, the user
session closes and reopens and the system responds. But if I don't restart it
then Netbeans doesn't start.

Has something like this happened to anyone?

Thank you so much
Best!
— — —
Juan Miguel Escribano