On Mon, 22 Jul 2024, 20:20 Will Hartung, <willhart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, I found it curious when I launched NB 21 that a) the app was not in
> the Netbeans directory under Applications (where it's been since forever),
> and wasn't name "Apache Netbeans 21". It also did not prompt me to import
> from my old NB install.

I suspect you're updating from NetBeans 18 or earlier?

For various reasons the installer was switched to the NBPackage variant
with NetBeans 19. This does in place upgrade, and the app folder and
shortcut no longer have the version in them.

Since then the import settings on startup functionality has been limited to
the last 3 releases.

You can try importing some or all settings from an older version using the
options window.

Best wishes,

Neil