Uh, I actually "misspoke" when I said that JGit uses JNA.  It seems that it
works just fine - at least for how my app uses it (clone and pull) - without
the JNA jar.  So my app now passes the notarization process.  But I do still
wonder what others are doing to insulate themselves from what appears to be
Apple's constant - and unannounced - changes to its notarization process?

Best,
Tom