Hi Folks:

I was working on enhancing S3 Nifi processor to allow cross account role based
access (nifi-1325).  While exploring the options with Tony Kurc to prevent the
expiration role based session credentials, I found that the current nifi aws
processors (S3, SNS, SQS) all use credentials directly.  There is an option for
all these components to use AWSCredentialsProvider which will manage the
expiration and refreshing credentials.
Here is the Jira ticket with the option/changes required I could find to
migrate from credentials to use credentials provider
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1325 - please see the discussion at
the end of the ticket).
Please let me know if you see any issues/concerns or have any thoughts/feedback
on changing the code to use credentials provider rather than credentials.  If
it seems ok, I can work on refactoring all the components in the aws processor
project to work with credentials provider.
Thanks for your help.
Mans