Lars,

First, welcome to NiFi.

So you'll initiate the flow from NiFi through some manual trigger and
that part makes sense/sounds straightforward.  But then the question
is 'once the flow is done' I'd like it to shut down.  What are the
processors/things that begin the flow?  We've recently had someone
suggest adding a way to tell a processor to only run 'X' times before
being unscheduled and thus requiring manual start.  Sounds like that
might help you with your case as well.

There is little impact to having all the processors after the first
one running.  If there is no work to do they'll be quite efficient.

Do you think if a processor had a 'max executions' concept that it
would address your need?

Thanks
Joe