Sudeep,
    The DistributedMapCache is typically used to prevent the consumption of
duplicate data by some of the ingest type processors (GetHBASE, ListHDFS,
and ListSFTP).  NiFi uses the service to keep a listing of what has been
consumed so the same files are not consumed multiple times. The Service can
also be used to detect if duplicate data already exists within a NiFi
Instance or cluster. This would be the scenario where some source is
pushing data to your NiFi and perhaps they push the same data more than
once. You want to catch these duplicates so you can perhaps kick them out
of your flow. For this you would use the PutDistributedCache processor to
cache all incoming data and then use the DetectDuplicate processor to find
those duplicates.

    Was there a different use case you were looking to solve using the
Distributed cache service?

Thanks,
Matt