Thanks Oleg and Joe,

I am not currently convinced that nifi is the solution as well, but it is a
nice way for us to manage actions based on the result of a mapreduce job.

Our use cases is to have follow on processors that perform actions based on
the results of the map reduce jobs.  One processor kicks off the M/R
process and then the results are sent down the flow.

The problem with our current scenario is that we have two separate flows
that utilize the same location as the output for the M/R locations.

One simple way might be to use mongo itself has a locking mechanism.