Hello,

What version of Apache NiFi are you using?

Also, lets take Avro and kafka-avro-console-consumer out of the mix for a
minute, what happens if you used PutKafka to send some plain text to Kafka,
and then tried to consumer from that topic with GetKafka?
You mentioned this didn't work, but what happened? was there an error
message? did it just receive 0 messages from Kafka?

Thanks,

Bryan