Huagen

Just to clarify. There isn’t really an SFTP server. SFTP is just an FTP layer
over SSH - allowing you to get FTP-like experience when accessing file system
over SSH.
Now, tis your question.
I am assuming you are implying that some other system is uploading a large
file. In any event a typical and well established pattern for upload/download
is to use temporary name until upload/download has finished and then rename.
This way the consuming system doesn’t see “work-in-progress” until it is
finished. In other words  the consuming system will never see that file until
its fully uploaded.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Oleg