Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback on the status bar. Separation between each item
helps but realize after your comments how it can not feel like a single,
cohesive group of items. We could probably tighten things up a bit.

I think another part of this that could help would be to address some of
the discussion around awareness of stats updating. Being able to call more
attention (without being too intrusive) when stats change could help ease
some of the burden of having to routinely scan the status bar to look for
changes.

Also related, I would like to see us get a tooltip that is seen when you
hover anywhere on the status bar. That tooltip would provide more
descriptive text about what each item means. It would help new users learn
as well as provide detail and follow-on action when something is alerted.

Let's see what others think and then I can work on filing a jira to capture
thoughts.

Rob