In the case of a GetFile processor it is managed by a single node since the
file being picked up is on the local filesystem of one of the nodes.

There are other approaches to parallelize work... If you had a shared
network location you can use ListFile + FetchFile in a certain way so that
one node does the listing, and then all nodes do fetching.
The same can be done for ListHDFS + FetchHDFS, and some other List + Fetch
processors.

This post talks about some of this:
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/16120/how-do-i-distribute-data-across-a-nifi-cluster.html

-Bryan