Hello,

In general NiFi does its best to prevent changes being made to the flow
when one of the cluster nodes is down. For example, if you have a 3 node
cluster and only 2 nodes are up, you can't change the flow.

When a request comes in to change the flow, lets say you drag a new
processor on the graph, this is sent to one of the nodes which then does a
two phase-commit with the rest of the nodes in the cluster.

The error message you got means that all the nodes responded successfully
to the first phase, and on the second phase of the commit, one of the nodes
encountered an error.
At this point the change was applied to the other nodes, and the node with
the error was purposely disconnected from the cluster because it is in an
inconsistent state.

If possible, can you see what other errors happened in the log of that node
before seeing "host out of cluster..."? because the real problem is there
was some other issue on that node that caused it to fail.

-Bryan