James

Could you also let us know what version of NiFi you are using? The issue with
properly handling InvalidPathException was fixed in NiFi 0.7.0 as part of
It essentially has this catch block:
} catch (final ProcessException | InvalidPathException e) {
     logger.error("Unable to unpack {} due to {}; routing to failure", new
Object[]{flowFile, e});
     session.transfer(flowFile, REL_FAILURE);

So I am wondering if you are on the proviso release?
Cheers
Oleg

On Dec 14, 2016, at 10:49 AM, Joe Witt