Hi Koji,

Thanks for the quick response. I have set the batch size to 1 indeed, and
the flow you describe works, but my problem is a bit more complex. I'll try
to show it with an example:

In this case Node 1 is parsing a flow file (indicated by the X in the
connection between FetchS3Object and Parse). Both connections have a
backpressure threshold of 1, but because the object is already fetched, the
first connection is empty and can thus be filled. This means that, if a new
item becomes available in the queue, both of the following cases can happen
with equal probability:

I'd like to force the second case to happen, because node 2 has more
resources available.

I hope this explains the situation a bit better. So basically I want the
backpressure to occur based on a threshold on the whole flow, not an
individual connection. I haven't found a way to do this up to this point.

Hopefully you have an idea how to achieve this.

Regards,
Bas