Hi

I'm sorry if this is a repeated question (I posted it on this site "
http://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/30/apache-nifi-1.0.0-secure-site-to-site";),
and I added another question to it:

I read this article "
http://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/30/apache-nifi-1.0.0-secure-site-to-site";
about secure NIFI site-to-site setup, and I'm sorry if the following
questions look silly, this "security" thing is all new for me.

In the part:

' In nifi-2 create a user with the DN of the certificate being used by
nifi-1, in my case this is “CN=localhost, OU=NIFI” '

By looking at the "tls" command:

./bin/tls-toolkit.sh standalone -c ca.nifi.apache.org -C 'CN=bbende,
OU=ApacheNiFi' -n 'localhost(2)'

   1. I can see that hostnames are specified by "localhost", but the
   "OU=NIFI", not "ApacheNiFi". Is this a typo? if not, how can I get the
   generated DN for specified hosts?
   2. If I generate certificates for 2 hosts. Later, I want to add a third
   host, should I run the "tls" command again for the 3 hosts (I assume the
   generated truststore has the certificates for the 3 hosts)? or can I just
   run the "tls" for the third host, but how to add the certificate of the
   third host to the other 2 hosts, and vice versa?
   3. The "initial-admin-identity", should it always be specified by
   "certificate", or can I setup LDAP first, and use one of the LDAP entries
   as the "initial admin" without certificate?
   4. In this article, each site is considered as a user trying to access
   the workflow at the other site. If I have LDAP it "site_1", then a "user_1"
   login to "site_1" using password, then "user_1" wants to send some request
   to "site_2" using secure site_to_site, "site_2" also has another "LDAP",
   "user_1" has another account at "site_2", and I want "site_2" to respond to
   "user_1" request depending on "user_1" authentication and authorization,
   not "site_1" certificate. "user_1" does not want to login to each site,
   "user_1" wants to login to only to "site_1", then "user_1" accounts at
   "site_1" and "site_2" should be mapped to each other (I think the account
   mapping in NIFI docs talks only about mapping on the same site, not through
   different sites). I wonder what is the best way to implement the previous
   scenario? "site_1" can authenticate "user_1" using LDAP, but can "site_1"
   extract "user_1" credentials from "LDAP" and pass them through secure
   site-to-site to "site_2", then "site_2" authenticates "user_1" using its
   own "LDAP"?
   5. According to Bryan's article "

http://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/22/apache-nifi-1.0.0-using-the-apache-ranger-authorizer";,
   authorization can be done by "Apache ranger", but as I understood, "Apache
   ranger" works only on hadoop ecosystem. I wonder if you can suggest other
   open source central security tools like apache ranger that can work with
   NIFI site-to-site and not limited to hadoop ecosystem?

Sorry for the many questions.

Regards

--
Mohammed