Buntu,

That's a good observation, I do not think there is a way to proactively
know without trying.
I quickly to a look at the usage docs and nothing stands out.  My method of
knowing has been trial and error.

But others might have a good way of knowing besides looking at the code for:

@InputRequirement(Requirement.INPUT_FORBIDDEN)
or
@InputRequirement(Requirement.INPUT_REQUIRED)