The concept of being able to provide hints to the underlying content
repository about which content is more important to keep longer than
others is a good one.  I'd recommend filing a JIRA for the ask and
providing your proposed concept as one to consider.

Definitely see something like this being useful but I suspect we'll
want to consider alternative approaches like having such hints about
retention be placed on the processors that create/modify/touch the
data because when you consider that most flows are graphs and
non-linear the decisions about retention become more complex.

Thanks