NiFi Version 1.3

Creating DBCPConnection Pool "/nifi-api/process-groups/" + processorGrpId +
"/controller-services" using nifi 1.3 client.

Below is snippet of code updating properties of connection pool service

String apiUrl = apiBaseUrl + "/nifi-api/controller-services/" +
connectionPoolId;

HttpResponse httpResponse = HttpUtil.putRequest(apiUrl, entityJsonString);

entityJsonString has all the configuration set along with password.

Here I can see controller entity service with password set. However when
QueryDatabaseTable (or any other sql processor) is started, it fails with
Processor exception:

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (FATAL: password authentication failed
for user "xxxxx")

I logged into web UI, updated connection pool service manually and it works
fine. Same password is used via api and in UI.

Wondering why the password set using API didn't work, but works when the same
password set using NiFi Web UI.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ravi Papisetti