Hi Andy,
   It's a custom processor I'm writing.  I was scratching my head wondering
if that is it, or adding a test dependency for logback has something to do
with it.

   I just copy/pasted this one:
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/d838f61291d2582592754a37314911b701c6891b/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-api/src/test/resources/logback-test.xml
and droped it into my src/test/resources

  No such luck at seeing logs yet in my output yet.

Ryan