Scott
Yep definitely something we've talked about [1].  We've not pursued it
directly as of yet since it is indeed a queue and we're just letting
you peak into it.  We dont have facilities built in to really alter
the queue in a particular position.  Also, the complexity comes in
when folks want to have paging/selection of various items down the
list/etc..  (but it isn't a list - its a queue).

If you could bound the range of what you'd expect to be able to do
that would probably help constrain into something reasonably
implemented.

Thanks

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Interactive+Queue+Management