We're using Ranger to provide LDAP group-based authorization to NiFi resources
via the Ranger-NiFi plugin. This works well, and read-only / read-write access
can be defined quite granularly.

Audit logs are written into Solr in order for us to search them using Ranger
GUI later on. This worked fine until Friday, upon which "something changed"
(NiFi was restarded without changes) and the connection between
nifi-ranger-plugin and Solr was interrupted.

Today, then, Nifi's Heap Usage went through the roof up to 97%, most of which
ConcurrentHashMaps spawned by ManagedRangerAuthorizer.

We've noticed this type of memory leak in the past: previously,
ranger-nifi-plugin failed to send resources to Solr due to a mismatch in SSL
FQDNs.

This could be solved by setting SOLR_HOST=`hostname -f` in the infra-solr-env
template, but the logging of the ManagedRangerAuthorizer and its batch
transmitting to Solr is rather... shall we say... parsimonious.

How do I increase it so I can actually see what's causing the memory leak in
Ranger/NiFi/Solr interactions?

Regards,

Johannes Meixner

Post CH AG