Hi Faisal,
Some observations and next steps.

   1. Brian has a great point of using the more appropriate consumer that
   will leverage the latest API.
   2. This still certainly feels like a resource issue -- testing a single
   Kafka broker first and not growing the cluster seems odd especially in
   light of using a NiFi cluster. Often these are reversed -- multiple Kafka
   brokers and a single NiFi node.
   3. When you have a concurrency of one, which you are correct -- the
   right place to start with NiFi, then internally NiFi is constructing a
   Kafka Consumer pool with 1 thread, which again is fine. It is then asking
   the Kafka consumer to subscribe to 99 topics and poll on each for changes,
   the polling is done with a timeout of 10ms so that resources are not tied
   up -- this is pretty common for Kafka consumption outside of NiFi.

Can we try something to see if we can isolate this a little further? Can
you (ideally on a separate node) use the Kafka Console consumer shell
script to consume from the 99 topics? If this runs for some period of time
without error then we can focus on the NiFi side of things. If you are not
sure of the install directory for Kafka, you can find this in Ambari. To
use these tools on a different node you would want to take everything in
the Kafka bin and lib directories, as the shell scripts will have
dependencies.

Thanks,
Andrew