Matt,

Would extending the core ExecuteSQL processor with an ExecuteSQLRecord
processor also work? I wonder about discoverability if only one processor is
present and in other places we explicitly name the processors which handle
records as such. If the ExecuteSQL processor handled all the SQL logic, and the
ExecuteSQLRecord processor just delegated most of the processing in its
#onTrigger() method to super, do you foresee any substantial difficulties? It
might require some refactoring of the parent #onTrigger() to service methods.

Andy LoPresto
alopre...@apache.org
alopresto.apa...@gmail.com