> *Explaining to your end users that you should skip the first Certificate
> Prompt but accept the second but only when you haven't logged in the
> current session is really painful*

Wow, that sounds terrible. Confusing, accident prone, and frustrating to
correct mistakes (at least in my experience, forcing a browser to forget
client certificate preferences is difficult).

Thanks for sharing those details about your deployment scenario. This can
definitely be improved and I have some ideas for how to do it. I've cloned
the issue to NiFi to make sure we are tracking it for both projects [1][2]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFIREG-189