Boris,

It is of course a little bit interesting to state that two groups are
completely independent while then also stating you want to trigger
group B on the completion of group A.  Clearly they have a dependency.
I dont quite follow the desire then to decouple them from the flow
configuration and where you can easily see and manage this
relationship but then establish another mechanism to establish this
linkage such as Kafka, files, etc..  I would recommend sharing more
about why you would want to hide this relationship.

That said, another option in the list of ways to accomplish this is
use of Wait/Notify processors.

Thanks
Joe
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 9:23 PM Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com> wrote:

> thanks Ed! Totally forgot about S2S - we already use it to monitor error
> bulletins. Thanks for the ideas!
>
> Boris
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:43 PM Ed B <bdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Boris,
>> My first idea while reading your question was - Kafka, looks like very valid
>> approach (event driven implementation?)
>>
>> But you can also check on:
>> 1. S2S
>> 2. ListenHTTP in project B (project A can use postHTTP or invokeHTTP) (not
>> really cluster-node)
>> 3. If it is important to start Project B on the same node where Project A
>> finished its part - you can use PutFile (Project A)/GetFile (Project B)
>> (signal files) instead of Kafka.
>>
>> hope that helps.
>> Ed.
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:08 PM Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Let's say I have two totally independent projects / PGs - PG ProjectA and
>>> PG ProjectB.
>>>
>>> What would be the best way to kick off PG ProjectB when PG ProjectA is
>>> finished?
>>>
>>> I know I can use output/input ports but I do not want to wire them like
>>> that since they are independent projects.
>>>
>>> The only I idea I came up is to use Kafka and push completion event to a
>>> common topic and then have Project B subscribe to it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Boris