i saw this and thought I'd reply as I have a similar issue.

We have a staging and production cluster. I have a remote process group in
them, and have our flow backed up in the registry as that seems to be the
approved method for moving flows from staging to production.

Since the remote process group can't be a variable, however, that means that
we can't alter that variable between production and staging? So our
production cluster keeps trying to send data to our staging cluster. We can
fix it, but then the Registry is out of sync.

We don't want to change it dynamically, for clarity - we just need a way to
version our flow using the registry. If you have any advice I would
appreciate it!

--
Sent from: http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/