I'm using NiFi's restful api to create a process group from a template that
contains a file folder listener and a remote group. I also have an existing
input port going to a process group that has the file fetch and everything else
for processing the file that was fetched. This is not added by a restful api
but is loaded from a template after the initial startup of Nifi. What I wind up
with is a list fetch pattern that should cluster ready/

My problem is that the first time I use the rest api to add the listener
process group the remote group that's inside of it fails to connect to the
existing input port until I do a restart of NiFi. At that point all subsequent
listeners I add seem to connect just fine.

Is there way that I can cause the initial connection to occur without having to
perform a restart?