Jon

First things first - Sonos is awesome.

Now back to the matter at hand... NiFi is quite often used for various
forms of orchestration of other systems doing their thing.  However, I'll
state that isn't really its primary purpose so for pure orchestration cases
it can leave you with a less than ideal user experience.

NiFi is more about managing the flow of data to and from systems and doing
the necessary
routing/splitting/forking/joining/merging/transforming/cajoling to make
that work well.  We're less about telling those other systems what to do
with the data or when to run.

Now, having said this it is pretty common.  We have the Spark Livy
integration for example.  I'd recommend you give tools that cater primarily
to orchestration a first stab on this and if you find the problem looks
more and more like I describe then NiFi is probably appropriate.

Hope that helps a bit.  Talking at a terminology basis is tough as things
like ETL, orchestration, transformation often mean wildly different things
to different people.

Thanks