Sensitive variables is something we'd like to support, but we
currently don't have that capability yet.

If you are using a script to create components, or to instantiate
templates, you should be able to set the property values of those
components using the REST API.

You would be making the same REST call that is made if you were in the
UI and were on the config window, entered the password, and hit the
Apply button.