I’ve been trying to solve this problem in Nifi for the past couple of days and
haven’t been able to find the secret sauce yet.

I goes something like this:
List/Fetch a file
Extract an client name from part of the filename using an UpdateAttribute

At this I send the flow in two different directions:
Direction 1 does this:
                Take the original flow and create a new JSON content out of it
using an AttributesToJson and ReplaceText
                Post my new JSON content to a web service using an InvokeHttp
to create a new client with the client name
                Extract a client new client id from the web service response.

Direction 2 does this
                Wait for the new client id return from the webservice  response
(this is the part I’m not getting)
                Use client id to rename original file
                Put file to specified folder.

I’ll admit I could be doing this all wrong but what I’m having trouble with is
bringing together my original flowfile with the result of my web service call.

I thought I could use a mergecontent somehow or a notify/wait but neither
approach seems to work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.