Dave

Using Wait/Notify would ensure you only have one message in flight at a
time (or it can/should).  But the message will be ack'd before processed.

For Kafka and some of these message queue mechanisms if we want to offer a
'do not ack until the whole flow is done' behavior we should update the
processors to allow for that and actually this is a great use case for the
nifi-fn/stateless work that SamH in the community has been talking about.

Thanks