Tom,

You have the Minimum Number of Entries set to 2 and Minimum Group Size set to 1
MB. That means that
as soon as you have 2 files queued up that total at least 1 MB, it will create
an output FlowFile. That output
will contain as much data as it can, based on what is queued up at that moment.
So if you pull in 2 files, then
a few seconds later pull in 2 more, then a few seconds later 2 more, then 2
more, you're going to end up with
8 output FlowFiles, each containing 2 files.

As I understand it, the idea is to periodically pull in everything in the
directory, merge them together, and then
move on. Later, you'll do another listing, merge those together, and move on,
correct?

The problem here is that, as you said, you don't know how many files are in the
directory, so MergeContent doesn't
know how many files to wait for, before merging. So one possibility would be to
just set the Minimum Number of Entries
and Minimum Group Size to something much larger. Then set "Max Bin Age" to say
30 seconds or 60 seconds. That
way, as soon as MergeContent sees a single file, it will wait 30 seconds or 60
seconds or whatever you have set, and
then merge together all of the files that it has queued up.

Does that help?

Thanks
-Mark

On May 31, 2019, at 8:27 AM, Tomislav Novosel