Hi all,

I've started to see "Too many open files" error messages in Nifi. I checked
https://nifi.apache.org/quickstart.html to see the recommended values to fix
this
and made the required changes to /etc/security/limits.conf, exited my shell and
restarted Nifi. When I check the limits of the Java processes I can still see
the limits to be at 4096

I've added the following to /etc/security/limits.conf
*  hard  nofile  50000
*  soft  nofile  50000

but the processes show this:

 cat /proc/26861/limits
Max open files            4096                 4096                 files

Any idea where this 4096 comes from? I tried grepping in the init scripts, nifi
configuration and nifi-env.sh but could not find this anywhere

thanks