I have an Elastic Search cluster that is setup with SSL. It uses a self-signed
cert for this. I am working with Apache Nifi 1.9.2. I have a flow that has the
PutElasticSearchHttp component. I have setup a SSLContextService for that
component where I have specified a trust store that has the self-signed cert
from ES. I specify an https endpoint to access Elastic Search and Im having no
issues populating my Elastic Search instance using this flow.

I have another flow where I want to do some lookups. So I have been using the
LookupRecord processor. That one I have associated with an
ElasticSearchClientServiceImpl which I have setup to  point to the same
SSLContextService as used above. I specified the same HTTPS Url (triple checked
this). However, when I run this second Flow I am not able to verify the ES
server's self-signed certificate.

I check the nifi-app.log and it says:
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable
to find valid certification path to requested target

I am a bit surprised that I am not able to verify the same server certificate
in the two different flows.

Completely stuck on this so if anyone have any pointers please let me know.

Thanks,

Peter