So I'm playing around with it some more and ValidateRecord is kinda working but
it's finding stuff valid that isn't. Shouldn't some of those records have been
rejected? I realized that by writing out to AVRO it was stubbing out the
records but the actual input didn't have them.

This is the input
c1,c2,c3
hello,world,1
hello,world
hello
hello,,

The schema
{
   "type" : "record",
   "namespace" : "nifi",
   "name" : "nifi",
   "fields" : [
      { "name" : "c1" , "type" : ["null","string"] },
      { "name" : "c2" , "type" : ["null","string"] },
      { "name" : "c3" , "type" : ["null","string"] }
   ]
}

The output in JSON
[ {