Athena really isn't designed for single record inserts as each insert will
create another file in S3 and the driver behaves a lot more like Hive than a
regular jdbc connection so that processor probably won't ever work. To load
data into Athena from NiFi you can either use ConvertRecord to convert to
Parquet and then put the files directly into S3 or use the PutParquet processor
after adding the S3 dependencies to the class path for the processor. This
archive messaged explains what you need to do to do that
http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/PutParquet-with-S3-td3632.html.

Thanks
Shawn