Although the error attribute can help as a workaround, counting on a
text value is probably not the best option (although it's pretty much
all we have for now). I wrote up NIFI-7524 [1] to add a "retry"
relationship to ExecuteSQL like we have for PutSQL and
PutDatabaseRecord. It would route things like "Connection refused" to
retry rather than failure.

Regards,
Matt