I would recommend taking a look at JoltTransformRecord. Jolt has some
capabilities for splitting strings into arrays.
You can see [1] as an example.

Thanks
-Mark

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58726817/conversion-of-string-to-array-in-jolt-transformation

On Jul 14, 2020, at 11:38 AM, momo adc
<momoad...@gmail.com<mailto:momoad...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi, I have a csv which looks like this:
field,another field,"aaa,bbb,ccc",yet another field

I want to ingest "aaa,bbb,ccc" as an array of strings ["aaa","bbb","ccc"],
I've tried to use convertRecord with a csv reader and an avro writer but it
seems that csv reader doesn't have the concept of arrays (didn't see a case
for handling an array type in the code).

I wanted to try queryRecord but it seems it can only handle regexes and
explicitly defining a field, since I don't know the size of the array I will
get (it can also be field,aaa,another field or field,,another field) I don't
think I can do it with SQL either.

Thanks,
momo.

--