Asmath,

GetFile doesn't take an input connection, but if the attribute is
going to contain a file to ingest, you can use FetchFile instead. To
get an attribute from a database, take a look at LookupAttribute with
a SimpleDatabaseLookupService. Depending on the query you were going
to execute, you may be able to instead look up a value given a key in
your incoming flow file, and the resulting value from the database
will be put in an attribute for use downstream.

Regards,
Matt